06 January 2013

Exciting News!

My chance has finally arrived! This year I will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My papers will be sent into Salt Lake City today after my final interview with my Stake President. I have been waiting for this day for a very long time and am so grateful that I have this tremendous opportunity to share what I know to be true with other people around the world.

Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and I have found His message of joy. Each of us has a purpose. We lived before this life, and we will live forever after this life. Heavenly Father loves us all and knows what is best for us, and if we listen to Him and follow the direction that He gives us, we will live happy and fulfilling lives. I am so excited to share this good message with others and bring them to an understanding of God's love for them. There is more to life than just living day-to-day. I have found true joy in living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I cannot wait to bring that joy to others of God's children. The Gospel is true. To all of you reading this-- if you haven't already read the Book of Mormon for yourself, please do so. (If you don't have a copy, let me know. I can get you one very easily!) Then ask your loving Father in Heaven if it is true. He will reveal to you the truthfulness of the Book and of the Gospel of His Son, Jesus Christ.

If there is one thing I know, it is this- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. He loves us and we can find happiness through His teachings and through living in accordance with His plan for us. This Church is the defining factor of my life, and I am incredibly grateful that I have had the privilege of getting to know my Savior and Redeemer through living His Gospel.

I can't wait to share this good news with others for a year and a half! If any of you have any advice for me to be the most effective teacher that I can be, please include it in a comment below! Also, if you'd like to guess where I will be called on my mission, you can do so HERE.

2 comments:

brooke elyse said...

so happy you posted about this! can't wait to see where you'll be called to serve. :)

xoxo

brooke

Katie said...

Ohhhh Angela! I just love you so much! You are going to change so many people's lives. I think the simplest, best advice I can give is to love Heavenly Father, love the people, be obedient, and have fun. Life is meant to be enjoyed, even on a mission...especially on a mission. Everything else you need to know you'll learn through your teachers and experience :) Oh, by the way, your trainer when you get to your mission is not going to be perfect so just be humble and love her. The work will still move forward and you will still learn all the things you need to know to be an effective missionary. And do your best but don't stress out about stuff. It always works out the way its supposed to. Believe me, Heavenly Father's got you covered ;)