Here we go catching up on the week again, with a billion pictures to add:
Wednesday 2.8.12
On Wednesday I woke up to a lovely note from my roommate :) (See below) Then I went to class and had lunch with Tom in the Pendulum Court, then with Will in the Wilk. When I was with Tom, these two old ladies came and sat by us because it was really crowded. They were pretty nice. I think one of them was the owner of Pen Court. Then when I was with Will, two girls sat at our same table, and they talked to us a little bit and gave us candy. They were nice.
That night Lauren and I went to Wal-Mart so that I could get a $.30 poster board. I left with $20 of school supplies. I just can't resist the popsicle sticks and glitter! ;) Then we got some donuts at Krispy Kreme. Delicious! Except I waited too long to eat my sugar donut, and by the time I heated it up and ate it (tonight), it was stale :(
That night I did some "studying" in the lobby with a bunch of friends. We got so much done. (Psych!) Never doing that again!
Here are some pitchures:
Thursday 2.9.12
Thursday was Brooke's birthday! Happy birthday, my friend!!
I ran into my dear friend Andy on the way to class. He's such a great friend and home teacher! Then after my classes, I headed over to Will's place to hang out a little bit. We mostly did homework and hung out. He played his guitar a little bit, too. I love that! Then Tom came down to the Creamery for dinner and we ate and talked for a little while.
Later was Ward Prayer, where Andy made me a valentine and Sisters Apple and Heaston made us all brownies. Wahoo! Then I made a valentine for extra credit in my art class and played around with the glitter I bought at the store. I didn't go to bed until really late that night (or I guess you could say early the next morning...) because I was making a poster for my art class. I seriously should have started that a lot earlier! Oh well, I guess I'll know for next time...
Friday 2.10.12
Friday was a looooong day. First of all, I slept through my stats class. Then in my American Heritage lab, I got like a 40% on the quiz (that's okay though, because everyone else did bad too and it's graded on a bell curve). But luckily my three-hour art class got out an hour and a half early! I really hope that happens again, because it was really nice. I headed over to the library and studied for about 2 or 3 hours for the Parenting test I had that day (I got an A!).
Finally, after working all day, I got to go to Will's apartment for a triple date :) We had so much fun! These were the couples: Will & me, Mason & Hayley, and Ian & Jess. First we made paninis (which were so delicious), then we made ice cream sculptures (ours was definitely the best), and we finished with making valentines. It was super fun and I had a great time!
When I got home, instead of going to bed (which would be the logical thing to do after a long day), Lauren and I stayed up coloring and drawing. And by the way, I had no idea Lauren was so good at drawing! She is freaking amazing.
Here's a mush of pictures from Friday:
Saturday 2.11.12
I woke up around noon on Saturday... I was tired! Then I went to lunch with some wardies and Austin found a cool chicken tender shaped like Italy (see picture below). Then Austin and I went to the basketball game, where we met up with some of our friends. We killed the Peperdine Waves, so the boys started cheering for the other team toward the end. After the game, Austin and I went over to the RB to find a volleyball game to jump into. First we played with these really good people who confused the heck out of us with their rotation, so after one game we were out of there and on a hunt to find some other people to play with who weren't so serious about winning. We ended up playing with some of Will's roommates and friends. It was really fun. After that, we went to In-N-Out for dinner, where the Penn State wrestling team came to eat dinner, too. As we left, Austin gave some of them our extra fries, and we heard them say, "People in Utah are so nice!" :D Since the basketball team got 80+ points at the game, Yogurtland gave out free frozen yogurt that night. So of course we hit that up! Too bad we had to wait in line forever, and Austin forgot to use his sports pass to get the free ice cream lol But it was scrumptious! And it was great to catch up with Austin, whom I have admittedly been accidentally neglecting lately. He's a great friend!
Sunday 2.12.12
Today Lauren and I accidentally slept through our church meetings, so we went to church with Tom at one. It's always nice to be able to go to church with people in your family. I just love being in such a happy place with the people I love.
During Marriage Prep (yes, we went to Marriage Prep with Tom), I totally made a fool of myself. The teacher was passing out Starbursts to anyone who participated, so I jumped on that and read a few quotes on the projector. One of the ones that I read was by David B. Haight, who, for some reason, I don't think I've ever heard of. So instead of reading his last name at the end like "hate", I read it like "hot". People I didn't even know were making fun of me throughout the whole rest of the class. Gah! I guess I'm never going back to that class again...
Tonight Tom and I got a chance to go to Salt Lake for Grandpa's birthday dinner. We headed up a little bit early to stop by and see Grams, who was so kind to let us in unannounced. It was great catching up with her! We got to Grandma and Grandpa's at 6, where we ate dinner and played games for hours. You just can't visit them without pulling out Quiddler, Taboo, or Rumikub (I hope I spelled those right)! I loved playing with little 5-year-old Catherine. She's the age of the kids that I want to teach, so it's always for me to spend time with her. She's reading now! Crazy.
Here are a couple highlights from the night:
1. When Grandpa won the little football game that he got for his birthday, he took the exact stance that Andy does when he wins anything (arm in the air, pointer finger pointed straight up, head tilted back to look at the sky). Too funny!
2. Every time Catherine would win the little football game, she'd look back at me, I'd smile and tickle her and say, "Good job!" and she'd say, "That's how it's done."
3. Aunt Nancy was on fire with her jokes tonight. Here's one that I liked: "Did you know that the government is providing free lipo-suction to all school teachers now? Yeah, it's all of the 'No Teachers Left With a Behind' Act." ;)
PICTURES!:
No comments:
Post a Comment