21 February 2012

Presidents' Day

Today was great. I just relaxed most of the day, got a little bit of work done, ate, and most importantly... WENT TO LOWE'S XTREME AIR SPORTS!!

Okay, I am not kidding you when I say that going there was one of the top 3 most fun things that I have done since coming to college. I went with my friend Creytn, and we had a blast! Here's how the night went:
I got there, and I was terrible at everything. The trampolines are SO bouncy that I couldn't even keep my balance when I jumped. I just ended up flying all over the place- into walls, people, etc.
Since I used to be able to do back flips and crazy tricks like that, I knew that I could do them again, so I worked all night to try and get better at them. I looked like a doofus though because I kept slamming into walls and landing on my face. But I kept trying!
Finally I realized what I needed- a spotter. So Creytn came over, stuck his hand behind me (I told him that he actually didn't have to do anything, but that it was all in my mind), and I did a back flip!!!
There was a group of boys who was hanging around us all night, so they saw my improvement from the beginning to the end. I think they were pretty impressed that I was doing back flips, considering where I started :P
So there's my bragging rant. I love that place sooooo much now. I can't wait to go back! Hopefully this weekend... :D





No comments: