02 January 2012

Lonely Monday


Well, today was less lonely than yesterday or Saturday, but there are still very few people here in the dorms (or on campus). I loved being here alone over Thanksgiving Break, but for some reason I'm not liking it so much now. Maybe it's because I had great friends (Austin Baughan, Newel Cobb, Logan Brase, Andy Pyper, Mike Hollingshaus, and Jeff Young) to hang out with every day during Thanksgiving week, and they aren't back on campus yet so I have no one to hang out with. Oh well, at least I've gotten a lot done by myself!

Things I did today:
  • woke up
  • showered
  • spent some time on Facebook
  • wrote to Bobby Bell (actually I re-wrote to him because the first letter I wrote wasn't pouch-mail-approved)
  • ate lunch by myself at the Cannon Center (not as bad as I thought it would be)
  • sent back my Lime Ricki swimsuit to exchange it for a different size
  • wrote a thank-you note to my sister Laurel
  • talked to the few girls that are back in my hall
  • wrote out my new years resolutions and hung them up (here's a picture-- sorry about the quality, I left my camera cord at home over break so I had to use my webcam :/ )
(This is what each post-it says: Pray morning and night, read scriptures daily, attend the temple at least 1x a month, go to the gym at least 2x a week, do school work right away, be in bed by midnight during the week, attend all classes, pray with more gratitude, write in blog daily)
  • bought a notebook for school
  • talked to my wonderful mom
  • ate some deeeeelicious Caramel Apple Sugar Babies
  • sat outside for a while because the weather today is beautiful

I've also been listening to a lot of 90's music on Pandora. I forgot how much I love that stuff!

Tonight a bunch of my friends get back. Wahoo! I'm especially excited for my roommate Lauren Holbrook to come back. I miss her a lot! Later tonight I'm going to dinner with one of my great friends, Andy Pyper. I've missed him a lot too! That reminds me, it's going to be really sad not having my missionary friends here this semester :( And, now that Logan Brase is gone, who is going to be my new Home Teacher and FHE dad? I love change, but this semester is going to be bittersweet :/

Today I am grateful for the beautiful campus that I get to walk through every day. And the thing that makes it so beautiful? The Utah mountains that stand behind it. Ahhhh I sure love Utah!

Also, I want to have a picnic in the mountains this Saturday. I hope the weather stays nice until then!

Andy's back! Beard and all! Wahoo!


I just got back from dinner with Andy and Skyler Greenman. I love those kids! They're two of my greatest friends here at BYU. They make me laugh so much and I always have a good time with them. But poor Skyler is sick throwing up :( He thinks it's food poisoning from this sketchy Mexican restaurant that he ate at this morning. Yikes!





Alsoooooo, I just found this little gem in my e-mail as I was cleaning it out tonight. It's a picture of me and a couple kids from my Writing 150 class. That class was fun, but I don't think I'm going to miss it...

No comments: