23 January 2012

"More Toppings!"

On the way to church this morning, I saw this:



I love the mountains right after it snows! What a beautiful view. This is one of the many reasons that I love going to school at BYU :)

I gave the lesson in Relief Society today! It was titled "Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself". It was a great lesson! It went a lot smoother this time than last, and I was less discombobulated (last time I had to give a talk on the same day, so I didn't have a lot of time to put into preparing for the lesson. Hence, this lesson was better). I really enjoyed preparing for and giving this one. I like to prepare a little power point for every lesson so that everyone can follow along and not get bored :) At the beginning of the lesson, I showed this video, then at the end I showed this one. They're both short but really cute. You should watch them!

To tie in with the last video (about the silver dollars), I printed out these little hand-outs for the girls:

I put little coin stickers on them so that they'd think of the silver dollar video every day when they look at it, and I asked them to put it in their wallet so that they would see it often. I thought it was a cute, creative idea for a hand-out :) Hopefully it will really help everyone to remember to serve someone every day!

After church I went to the CANC for lunch. I love lunch on Sundays because our ward always eats together right by the window. Here is the group of girls that I sat by today:


Then we had our weekly hall meeting. We are all usually pretty tired during it, but these two girls were especially tired today and fell asleep :/ Poor girls:

After hall meeting I took a 20-minute nap... For 2 hours. Yep, welcome to my life. The life of never waking up to any kind of alarm. So needless to say, I didn't get a lot of stuff done today that I said I would. Oh well, it is what it is.

Lauren finally got the music for Pride and Prejudice! She thinks that she's happy that she got the music... I think I'm more excited than she is! I love hearing that music played on a piano. It reminds me of when I was younger and my mom and sisters would play it on Sundays. I can't wait to hear Lauren play it more :)

Tonight I got to eat a delicious dinner with Will! I went over to his place at Heritage Halls and we made pizza. Can you believe that I've never made homemade pizza before? It was soooo good! Plus I had great company :) Here are some pictures:




And I just want to make a shout-out to Jeff Nielson, Garret Stratford, and Mike West for being some of my most dedicated blogger fans :) I love you guys!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

More toppings!!! ;)

Love you, Ang. Glad your lesson went well. I lice the snow-capped mountains too. So beautiful.

And I have that sheet music, too, now I just need to get a piano so I can play it! :)

Have a great day!