HELLO!
It's been a really time since I've posted. I realize that. For all you loyal blog-followers out there (I think there may be 3 of you, tops), I am truly sorry.
Here are some fun things that I have done on each of the days since my last blog post:
- Friday 1.6.12- I volunteered for 6 hours at the BYU Welcome Back Activity to help my dear friend Lauren in her BYUSA pursuits. It was actually really fun because I got to spend a lot of time with my friends Lauren and Austin. The downside was that I got hit on by some really creepy guys. Apparently the ability to hand out popcorn is an amiable quality in the eyes of creepy men. Here's a picture of me riding a cart through the hallways of the Wilk:
- Saturday 1.7.12- It was Lauren's birthday!! I spent that day throwing together a (surprise-ish) party for her for that night, which included decorating Lauren's side of the room and door, collecting money, buying cake and ice cream, and spreading the word like rapid fire. It was a hectic day, but that party was a hit! Lots of people showed up (we had just enough cake) and Lauren looked like she had a great time. ....Shoot! I just remembered the ice cream from her party is still down in basement freezer!
- Sunday 1.8.12- This day I went to church and enjoyed some great testimonies during Sacrament Meeting, and attended my first official Mission Prep class! I loved it. I taught the lesson of the Restoration in front of the whole class, and I did pretty well, if I do say so myself :) That night there was a devotional at the Marriott Center Jay E. Jensen, and Lauren, Hannah, Austin and I got to sit in the floor seats! Here are some pictures of Austin and me before the devotional:
- Monday 1.9.12- This was just another day of classes. But since Monday night is FHE night, I rounded up some kids to play Five Crowns to at least do a little sumthin-sumthin for FHE.
- Tuesday 1.10.12- This was another regular day of classes again for me. President and Sister Samuelson gave the morning devotional, reminding us all of why we're here and of how great of a school this is. They are so right! BYU is the bomb.com.
- Wednesday 1.11.12- This day was another boring one, other than the fact that I ate lunch with Tom at the Blue Line Deli in the Tanner Building, then spent the rest of my day in there studying like a crazy person. I got so much done! Oh and that night I went to the gym with my friend Marissa Housley. I should do that more often....
- Thursday 1.12.12- I got a package from my mom! She sent me a 20-lb box stuffed-full of things that I couldn't bring back with me on the airport, including clothes, a heater fan, and a year's supply of candy and fruit snacks (practically), among other things. It is so great to get packages when you're in college!! (Hint hint, wink wink!)
- Friday 1.13.12- I went to the Provo Temple that day! It took us 3 hours to get through and do 3 names, but it was totally worth it. I love the peaceful feeling that I get in the Temple, and it brings me so much joy to know that I am helping someone in such a tremendous way by just giving 3 hours of my time. I am going to try a lot harder to go more often this semester, but with the 3 hour lines, I'm grateful that they're dedicating a new one here soon! That night I went to a Divine Comedy show with Austin. It was hilarious! I love DC. Here's a picture of us waiting for the show to start:
- Saturday 1.14.12- Saturday was a fun day. I went to Tom's apartment to have lunch and chill for a while. Did you know that one of Tom's new roommates is a guy named Ryan that I met at the library last semester? What a small world! So that night, Ryan, Tom and I went to the BYU basketball game, then Ryan and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden after. I had a great time! It was fun to get to know him a lot better, and the fettuccine was delicious.
- Sunday 1.15.12- After a wonderful day at church and a relaxing nap to follow, I went over to Tom and Ryan's apartment for dinner with Lauren. The boys (mostly Tom because Ryan didn't come home until later) made us enchiladas, and then we all watched Hook, which happens to be one of my childhood favorites.
- Monday 1.16.12- On Monday morning, Ryan picked me up in his white F150 truck (my dream car!) and we headed over to the library to get some homework done. We couldn't find a spot to park anywhere, so we ended up driving back to his place and taking his motorcycle back to campus. I was freezing, even with my head completely hiding behind Ryan (I can only imagine how cold he must have been), but it was totally worth it. A) I got to ride on a motorcycle, and B) we were able to park really close to campus. Later that day, I went bowling with my friend Will Jones. I had a fun time! Unfortunately he beat me both games... But hey, you win some you lose some! That night I went tubing at Soldier Hollow with Ryan and Tom and their ward. That was a blast!! My fingers felt like they were going to fall off because it was so cold, but I had such a great time. [Side note-- I think I'm allergic to hand warmers. At the end of the night, I held them to my face for like 5 minutes, and both of my cheeks swelled up and got really hard and itched :/ I should have remembered that experience from the last time it happened to me... Oh well, you live and learn, right? Well, I guess some of us don't learn the first time...] Once we got back to campus, Ryan let me drive his truck!!! That was so awesome! (You rock, Ryan!)
- Tuesday 1.17.12- Wahoo! I'm finally caught up! Today after Book of Mormon class I studied with Austin in the library for a little while, then we went to Blue Line for dinner. I had the lasagna... again. I feel like they should change it up a little bit every once in a while, you know? I always hope that they will, and that's why I keep going back. Whatever, the lasagna is still good. Anywayyyy, tonight I played a little round of Five Crowns with my friends over at Budge Hall, then caught up with my dearest friend Hannah, since she just got back today from being home over the long weekend. I've missed her so much!
Well, this post sure is a doozy! If you read through the whole thing, congratulations. You deserve a sticker or something. Come by my dorm and I'll give you one :)
On the other hand, if you didn't last through the whole post, I don't blame you. Here's a recap: school, friends, dates, and food. What else is there to life?? ;)
"Of course there is no going back, but only forward. Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future." -Thomas S. Monson
P.S. Does anyone know how to fix a pinched nerve in your neck? Mine has been killing me all day and sending shooting pains down my arm! :/
And in case you thought I was kidding about giving you a sticker for reading my whole blog, here's proof that my word is my deed (....or whatever that saying is...)
| Lauren |
| Jeff |
| Andy |

2 comments:
love the sticker. haha
and for the neck- heat & a massage should help* along with some drugs (ya know- like motrin or advil) and not sleeping on it weird.
*come by if you need a neck massage
Angie, you're just too cute. Your outfit you wore on Sunday for devotional was adorable. No wonder you've got the guys lining up to take you out on dates! :)
It sounds like you're having lots of fun! Enjoy it. :)
Post a Comment