22 January 2012

Twofer

I didn't get to post last night because I got home wayyy too late to kick up my computer and put pictures up. So here's two days worth of my life! 

January 20th:
I think Garret and I have made it a tradition to get Jamba Juice every Friday. Well, we've actually only done it twice, but I'm hoping that it becomes tradition. I love Jamba! Caribbean Passion... mmm...

So as we were sitting in our 10am stats class, I looked up and this is what I saw sitting in front of me:

That's Kyle Van Noy! In case you forgot, he is a linebacker for the BYU football team. And he was sitting right in front of me! That was the coolest thing that has happened yet in that class. Garret didn't think it was that special and was wondering why I was so excited, but that guy is famous! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that sitting right behind a famous person is pretty awesome. And, that's not even the best part! I am pretty sure that there are tons of other BYU sports players in that class because they are all athletic-looking and wear BYU hoodies and sweatpants and shoes and hats all the time. Maybe I'll meet and marry the next Jimmer ;) Kidding!

Fridays are my longest days. I have class back-to-back from 10-3, so I don't really ever get lunch. You'd think that having a 3-hour class would make things seem to drag on, but it's an elementary teachers art class, which means we sometimes get to do crafts and fun things the whole time! I'm definitely not complaining about that.


So yesterday in class we learned all about crayons. Well, it's actually not that we learned about crayons so much as we just learned different ways of how they can be used. Here's what I mean:
To make this, you melt down crayons and pretty much paint with the melted wax. It's a lot harder than it looks to make smooth lines, but it's a super fun thing to try out. It was probably my favorite project to mess around with.
 
To make this one, you color with crayon on sand paper, then place a piece of white paper on top of it and iron on top of the white paper. The crayon wax melts onto the paper and makes this really cool pattern! I really loved doing this one too.

This one is an awesome project. You color patterns with different crayons onto a piece of paper until the whole paper is covered in crayon. Then, you paint over the whole thing with a concoction of tempura paint (I used pink) and soap. After it dries, you can scratch away the paint into any design you want, and the crayon shows through from beneath! It is a really cheap alternative to this.

I kept working on some of these art project once I got home, then I went to the Creamery with Will Carver. We bought some pizza ingredients because we are going to make a pizza together for dinner on Sunday! It was really great to finally see him and catch up with him.


Poor William actually broke his foot later that night :( Feel better Will!

Ryan and I were going to go country dancing that night, but it turns out that country dancing is on Saturday nights, not Fridays. So we went to dinner at Macaroni Grill instead.

After dinner, we met up with Tom and his date Adelay at the boys' apartment and built sandcastles! That was so much fun. 












Here's where YOU come in, followers! We made our sandcastle-building into a competition, couple against couple. So we need to you all to VOTE for whose sandcastle is the best. You can either comment on this post, or you can go vote on my facebook here. The loser couple has to make dinner for the other couple, so think wisely and vote for which one you think is best! :)

Castle #1

Castle #2
After cleaning up the mess, Tom took Adelay out on Ryan's motorcycle. Ryan and I played a wild game of Egyptian Rat Screw, then a not-so-wild game of Go Fish. But when Tom and Adelay got back, Ryan took me out on the motorcycle! We went up into the mountains and looked over the city. It was beautiful. Then we rode down through the winding roads towards the temple, which looked beautiful all lit-up. It was sprinkling a little bit while we were riding, but it was still really fun :) I think I'm growing more and more in love with motorcycles!

January 21st:
Today was kind of a lazy day. I woke up at around 11 (I know that's late, but cut me some slack! I didn't get much sleep haha) and talked to my mom and brother on the phone. After lunch with my friends at the Cannon, Ryan brought me my left-overs from Macaroni Grill that I left at his house the night before. We ended up just going to the library together.

At the library I got my whole lesson done for Relief Society tomorrow! I can't wait to give it. Hopefully I won't be too tired from blogging all night... :/ I didn't get much else done today, though. I definitely didn't get all the things done that I wanted to. Tomorrow might be a little busy after church!

We left the library at about 8, by which time we were both starving. But when we walked outside, this is what we walked into! The first real snowstorm of the season!

In case you're wondering, he's wearing shorts because he was at the gym right before we went the library, haha! He was freezing!




We went to Five Guys and had a deliciously anti-nutritious meal. Wahoo!

And now I'm exhausted and ready for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: