A couple weeks ago, my bishop from back home had a stroke. Things were looking a little better, so I was hoping that he would recover and everything would be alright. However, on Tuesday of this week, Bishop Herman passed away. It was very sudden and unexpected.
Bishop Herman was an amazing person. He was my bishop all through high school and helped me through a lot. He was sometimes goofy and could always cheer me up when I needed a laugh. Bishop was always there for me and always made me feel loved and accepted at church. He always had each of the ward individual's needs in mind as he served and provided counsel to each of us. I wish I could be there at the funeral tomorrow, but I know that his family is in good hands with the support of the ward. I will never forget the profound influence that he made in my life and the support that he never withheld from me. He will be missed, until the day when I know he'll greet me with one of his huge bear-hugs when I join him in Heaven.
Rest in peace, Bishop Herman.




1 comment:
You and his family (and your home ward) are in my prayers
Post a Comment